Monday, May 21, 2012

Reflection on Web 2.0 Project


One of the learning outcomes of MIS course is introduction to Web 2.0 tools and practically using these tools throughout the semester. The selected tools included Google tools, social networks and other website:
1.      My top favorite tools that I almost use everyday and which I found interesting are Facebook & Twitter.  Since I like to follow news, the two networking websites provided me with instance and live news broadcasts on different event.   
2.      Google Chrome changed my point of view about internet browsers. I was surprised on how fast and instant this browser works compared to my old and slow Internet Explorer. Also, the available applications that enhance the use of this tool.  
3.      I use Gmail from two years; I'm already familiar with it.
4.      Although I use Google, as my basic search engine, I never knew about Google Searching, specifically Web Search Features.  It reduced my time whenever I wish to look up something on the internet.
5.      As I see it, Google Picasa & Picasa Web is much simpler and basic to create photo albums or movies when compared to Windows Movie Maker. New aspect I found in this tool is that you can share albums online.
6.      I have enough knowledge to start using Google Earth & Delicious but I couldn't figure out what to use it for.
7.      I called the "great invention", Google Docs is so amazing and helpful for students, especially for group work. Me and my Group members use it a lot to add or adjust our project documents. 
8.      Blog is new to me, I had fun designing it, viewing and sharing posts with my friends.
9.      If I ever thought on designing a website, I'll start with Google Site
10.  I don't use Google Reader because I use social websites instead. I also don't use Google Calendar because I already use Outlook Calendar which I find much simple and easy.


No comments:

Post a Comment